Wowzers, June has been a busy month. As well as announcing my trip to Utah, I’ve also been juggling a few other very exciting projects. I’m not allowed to share the deets yet, sorry! But I’m gonna let you (my favourite readers!) in on a little secret… I’m going to be on an episode of a new UK television show this autumn! I filmed for it a few weeks ago and it was loads of fun. 🙂 That’s all I can say for now, but I’ll be sure to share more in the coming months!
Anyway, here’s some of my favourites from June…
- If you’re a creative of any sort–whether that’s a crafter, painter, coder, musician, blogger, painter, actor, whatever!–then you gotta give this article a read. It’s all about the somewhat darker side of creativty; how it’s not all bright and easy. Here’s an excerpt that particularly resonated with me: “With the high of creativity comes a low, with a rush of a new idea comes the days where you are too exhausted to even think. The act of creation is often exhausting, demanding so much energy that you can be wiped out for days afterwards.”
- I went to see Beyoncé and Jay-Z the other week. It was freaking insane. Is anyone else obsessed with their new album?! I’ve embedded the video for the album’s lead single below (although I’m pretty sure most of the world has seen it by now!). It’s such an important, impactful, clever video. Warning: it’s explicit. This video does a great job at explaining the messaging behind the video.
- This article by my friend Deborah is on point. It’s all about the things she’s learnt before turning 30. I’m approaching 28 years old and the points she’s raised are defo resonating hard with me–especially points 1, 5, 16 and 19.
- I spent a touristy weekend in London this month. It was nice to be able to explore the city, since 99% of the times I visit London are for work purposes! Amongst other things, I visited the Royal Academy of Arts, TATE Modern, Natural History Museum, Liberty, Selfridges, Carnaby Street, Buckingham Palace and Hyde Park. It was a busy weekend. 🙂
- I’m pretty late to the party, but Gareth and I recently started watching Homeland on Netflix. We just finished season 2 and are officially addicted.
- I tried out screen printing for the first time the other week. I’ve had it in the back of my mind for a few months, but I finally got a chance to give it a go! It’s messy, creative and so much fun. 🙂 I’ve now got the screen printing bug and can’t wait to make some posters for my home! Have you ever tried it? Let me know in the comments!
Hope you guys have had an awesome month! 🙂 – Mike.