The countdown to Christmas is well and truly ON! To help out with your festive shopping, all this week I will be sharing my top gift ideas across a few different themes. First up is my gift guide for foodies. This list has ideas from extravagant splurges, all the way to small tokens – but each one will make a welcome addition to any kitchen.
Don’t forget to share this post on social media if you want to drop a few hints! 🙂
1. Kitchen Aid Classic Stand Mixer. Ahh, the classic Kitchen Aid. This single gadget is capable of SO MUCH, and it’ll take your baking game to the next level. It’s a splurge, but oh so worth it.
2. Ottar Chocolate caramel spreads. I first tasted Ottar’s new caramel spreads when I used them to make these macarons. Holy guacamole, they are seriously tasty. Personal fave? It’s gotta be the fennel sea salt. YUM.
3. Plastic Cake Knife. As soon as I discovered these, I knew I had to have one. They’re perfect for removing cake (or pie) slices, without scratching the baking tin.
4. Bread: River Cottage Handbook. Gareth swears by this book – and I agree. It’s really, really good. It covers pretty much all there is to know about bread, in simple (but sufficiently detailed) sections.
5. Nordic Ware Bundt Tin. Nordic Ware are the absolute masters of the bundt tin. Insane designs, exceptionally high quality and long-lasting. These are a lifetime investment for any cake maker.
6. La Cuisine casserole dish. La Cuisine is a more affordable alternative to the ubiquitous La Creuset. I’ve been using my La Cuisine casserole dish for years, and it’s still as good as new. A great investment for any kitchen.
7. Christmas cookie cutter. Cookie cutters are the ultimate stocking filler! Cheap, quirky and practical – and you can never have too many of them! Couple with some homemade cookies for a great budget gift.
8. Olive Wood Pestle and Mortar. A beautiful, quality pestle and mortar makes a great gift. It’s the sort of thing that people probably wouldn’t buy for themselves – and will therefore appreciate so much more when you give them one.
9. Bee’s Wrap. Omg, I LOVE Bee’s Wrap! They are reusable, natural and compostable food wraps. Trust me, they are super useful – and totally eco-friendly. I use mine daily.
10. Pizza Stone. Homemade pizza is great; homemade pizza cooked on a pizza stone is INCREDIBLE. Not only do they speed up cooking time, they also add a lovely crispness to the pizza. YUM.
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links. Clicking on these links and making a purchase will NOT cost you a penny more, but it will allow me to receive a small commission from the sale. This then helps me to keep blogging – thank you for your support!